Wednesday 23 March 2011

blueberry oat pancakes



One of my favourite treats are pancakes and these are special, especially if like me you don't want to eat too much wheat. They aren't gluten free unless you use GF oats but that's always an option.
To make these I used:
2/3 cup porridge oats
1 scoop whey isolate protein powder ( Restore from radiantrecovery.com or whey isolate pp from myprotein.co.uk are my top favourites)
tsp baking powder ( for a bit of extra rise)
3 eggs
milk - enough to make a pancake like batter, I use cows but you could use soya, oat, or rice
a couple of good handfuls of blueberries, mine were frozen but fresh would be great

Whizz batter in blender, enough so the oats become part of the mix.
Heat oil in pan to smoking then turn down
Fry pancakes a ladle at a time.
Fr me this made 3 big thick yummy pancakes, you could make double this if you made them thinner but I find thick ones stick together better!
I add a good dollop of Greek yogurt, you could add cream or creme fraiche.
For me this gives a great protein amount for a meal with added brown ( complex carb) and some fruit for my 5 a day. they make a meal in themselves or are a yummy dessert.

These are for sugar free peeps, if you aren't there yet you might want to add some extra sweetness either in the mix or on top. However you eat 'em, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment