Wednesday 30 March 2011

Chilli Chicken and brown rice




This was today's quick leftovers lunch.
In my fridge were :
1 chicken breast
A tub of ready cooked brown rice mixed with peas and sweetcorn
Half a bag of curly kale
A tub of mixed seeds - pumpkin, pine nuts, sunflower ( optional)
In my store cupboard are:
Chilli flakes
olive or sunflower oil
soya sauce

I cut the chicken breast into bite size pieces ( cant wait longer than that!), stir fried it with some chilli flakes. Added curly kale for a very quick stir, just till wilted. Drained these on kitchen paper whilst I
Stir fried rice mixture over heat to warm through
Beat the egg and quickly added it to rice in pan. Quick stir to cook egg through rice, then serve.
Sprinkle with soya sauce ( GF if you like) to taste.

I made this just for me :) I really like hot lunches, somehow they satisfy me longer and sandwiches just don't do it for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment